Monday, September 14, 2009

Please welcome the newest Divine Divas!

Our team is growing again! We are saying good-bye to Angela after this week's challenge - so sad to see you and your gorgeous work leaving us, Angela. But I'm happy to introduce to you our newest team members: Donna Duquette (aka Donnarie on SCS) and Kerri Michaud (aka girlydecou). You will love their creations! They will both be joining in on our next challenge on Thursday.

In the Divine Diva tradition (OK, so it's not a long tradition, but it's a good one!) here is the Q&A with our new DT members.

Donna says:
(1) Where is your hometown? I grew up in Enfield, CT
(2) Where do you live now (if different)? I'm still in Connecticut, but I live in East Granby now.
(3) How long have you been stamping? I've been stamping seriously for about five years and off and on for several years before that.
(4) What is your favorite stamping/cardmaking style? Good question! I appreciate any well-executed design and enjoy experimenting with different styles. But, I find that I gravitate toward clean and simple designs, and I’ve always loved the shabby chic style for romantic cards.
(5) What do you find most challenging or difficult when you're making a card? The one thing I find myself agonizing over time and again is how to place a sentiment on a card. I never seem to have the right size or font to go with my card design.
(6) What is your all-time favorite color? Green is my favorite, especially yellow-green colors like olive, kiwi, lime and celery. I must have 20 different shades of green ink, and I am forever having to replenish my green cardstock supply.
(7) What is your favorite technique? I love to color, and at the moment, my Copic markers and colored pencils are the media I reach for most often.
(8) What is your favorite embellishment? What do all of your cards have to have? Ribbon... A card without ribbon just seems naked!
(9) What do you usually start with when designing a card? The colors, the image, or something else? When I’m working on Design Team assignments, I almost always start with an image. When I’m making cards just for me, my starting point could be just about anything. I might have a piece of paper I want to use, a technique I want to try, a theme, or I might just need a birthday card for someone special. Some of my favorite cards started off with no particular outcome in mind. They just sort of happened.

Kerri says:
(1) Where is your hometown? I grew up in Laramie, Wyoming
(2) Where do you live now (if different)? Since my hubby and I married 9 years ago, we’ve lived in Grand Junction, Colorado, Greenville, SC, Pittsburgh, PA, and now Apopka, Florida - just north of Orlando
(3) How long have you been stamping? Just over a year!
(4) What is your favorite stamping/cardmaking style? I love lots of layers and something always has to be “popped up”!
(5) What do you find most challenging or difficult when you're making a card? The layout. I LOVE a good sketch :)
(6) What is your all-time favorite color? I would have to say Chocolate Chip. I think it looks great with everything!
(7) What is your favorite technique? Coloring with Copics is fastly becoming my favorite!
(8) What is your favorite embellishment? What do all of your cards have to have? Dimension, texture, and usually ribbon!
(9) What do you usually start with when designing a card? The colors, the image, or something else? Usually the image, then the dp. I build my colors around that :)

Thanks for visiting and welcoming the new team members. I hope you'll come back and play our challenge on Thursday!

No comments: