Saturday, December 26, 2009

Paper Pals and Previews

We're at my mom's this weekend, and of course I brought some stamps with me. Today I finally had a chance to use them. In the interest of space I didn't bring that much - I decided that a good way to limit myself would be to only bring new stamps from the upcoming Occasions Mini catalog that starts on January 5. This can be frustrating when I don't have everything at my fingertips, but it'll be a great chance for me to play with my new stuff. I also only brought SU products, so everything I make while I'm away will be SUO.

Today I wanted to play along with the SCS inspiration challenge, which was for the site Posh Tots. I picked this cute owl print for my card. I also used the Paper Pals sketch challenge - my first time playing along with these fabulous stampers.

I took a bit of liberty with the colors because I don't have any light blue with me. To make the main panel I cut a branch out of chocolate chip cardstock and then punched leaves with my 1 1/4" circle punch and old olive cardstock (first punch a circle and then put it back into the punch just a bit and punch the leaf shape). Then I stamped the small flower from With All My Heart in pumpkin pie around the branch. The owl is from Fox & Friends and is stamped in so saffron, then cut out and mounted with dimensionals over the feet, which I stamped again in chocolate chip.

For the background I layered saffron DP and two prints from the Sweet Pea DP pack - what a great collection of papers! I had trouble picking just two. The sentiment is from the Chit Chat rub-ons - I adhered each word individually so they would fit inside the circle. Then I finished the card with two Playground buttons tied with linen thread. Not bad for working with limited supplies, I guess!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love what you did with this card. What an amazing job! I hope to get some crafting time in soon. Thanks for inspiring!

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the colors that you used. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Hoe cute! Thanks for playing @PPA!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Super cute card! Love it!