Sunday, December 27, 2009

A simple, sweet sneak peek


Today I needed to make a birthday card for my niece, who's about to turn 5. I brought the new stamp set Something Sweet specifically for this purpose. This card started out as a sketch challenge card, but wouldn't you know, my main panel was too big so I came up with my own layout.

I first stamped the gumball machine in rich razzleberry on whisper white. If you couldn't tell already, this stamp set is meant to go with the sweet treat cups, but I decided to just use the stamps on this card. Instead I filled my gumball machine with cut-out candies in razzleberry, melon mambo, and taken with teal. I glued the candies inside the machine with two-way glue, and for the ones on the outside I popped up a couple candies on each side. The background papers are melon mambo and taken with teal DP (the latter is from the Sweet Pea collection). The oval-punched sentiment is from the same stamp set, and to finish I added a melon mambo bow.

I hope my niece loves this card, which I think is almost as sweet as she is!

No comments: