Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Color Creation #2

Let's see if I can manage to start a little blog series - I will try to keep up with it, LOL! Since we have so many new colors, the possible combinations are just swirling around in my head. So I'm going to make a point of featuring at least two new colors on my cards between now and July 1. I'm calling this one New Color Creation #2 because my ice cream card was really my first card in the series. Sounds like fun, right?

This is also another card for the featured stamper challenge for today. LeAnne had so many great cards that I couldn't choose just one! This card jumped out at me for the way she put the scalloped circles under the ribbon, and I just had to try something similar.

I picked the Tropical Party stamp set for my flowers. The large flower is done in Cherry Cobbler and the small flower in Marina Mist. These two colors are *swooooon* gorgeous! I used one of the old olive prints from the matching Island Oasis papers, then for my darkest color I chose Early Espresso. I added faux stitching to my strip of Marina Mist card stock since I don't have any wide ribbon in these colors (yet?). The sentiment comes from Perfect Punches, and I stamped it in Early Espresso then colored in "friend" with my Cherry Cobbler marker. It's layered on Early Espresso thanks to my Movers & Shapers dies. I added a Playground olive button threaded with Marina Mist ribbon. The bow is not actually tied through the button - I just used glue dots - but it looks like it is, doesn't it? Pretty cool trick that may have convinced me I *need* this ribbon in every color!

No comments: