Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Color Creation #5

This card will be going to my wonderful husband tonight. It features the new colors of Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso, along with Night of Navy. It's also for the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.

I first stamped the Medallion with cherry ink onto naturals ivory card stock, then I inked the stamp again with the navy ink and stamped it a second time so I could punch out the center. I had the idea to stamp another cherry medallion on the cherry card stock to layer the image - what do you think of this effect? I used dimensionals to position the three separate parts in the right spot. In the corner I added three silver brads, then I used my Memory Box sentiment and the modern label punch and Movers & Shapers. The last touch was a strip of navy DP (from the current hostess pack) on an espresso card base.

I'm off to play with the kids in the sprinkler - Todd is taking a much-deserved nap and we will give him his gifts tonight. Happy Father's Day to all the dads - including my own! Love you, Dad!

6 comments:

Danni said...

What a beautiful card!!

Jo Hooper said...

I adore that stamp in fact I have ordered it from my stampin up demonstrator and I cant wait for it to come. Love the card and the colours.

Jo

nola Burkhard said...

This is VERY, VERY Pretty!
I have GOT to sit down and Play with my new stuff too!
Hugs, Nola

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Very pretty!

wintam said...

I love this card SOOOO much! I think you choose a great color combination, which gives it a classic look, and your idea of stamping the cherry ink on the cherry cardstock and using it as a background is one great idea I will surely try myself.
Great inspiration!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this! It's also one of my most favorite stamps.