Thursday, August 19, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #34

This week's challenge is a Lindt chocolate magazine ad I'd saved a long time ago and forgotten about. How could I ever forget anything that had to do with chocolate? I loved it when I first saw it, and I still love it now, so here it is for your stamping inspiration.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to upload the photo of my card! So embarrassing... I'm traveling and had a bunch of cards to do before I left, and I guess the day I made this one I was in too much of a hurry. I won't be able to get the photo up until I get home, but I hope that won't stop anyone from playing the challenge!

If you know me and my cards you probably aren't surprised at what jumped out at me - the buttons. (Well, right after the chocolate, anyway.) Aren't they super cute? And I love the colors, too, which I interpreted as Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, and Early Espresso. The photo didn't lead me in a particular direction for stamps, so I decided to use something that would let me feature the buttons. I haven't used the Season of Friendship set in a long time - I thought it would look cute with buttons instead of leaves. I picked out a variety of buttons in my color scheme - some are retired, and some aren't, LOL. I tied all of the buttons with linen thread and attached them to my tree with glue dots. Behind the tree I put strips of designer paper - the cherry striped paper is current but the others are retired. The last touch was a sentiment from Heard from the Heart - and isn't it cool that the word "heart" fits right inside the little heart punch?

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on online forums will be DDIC34. Have fun and look for the next challenge on September 2!

2 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

It sounds wonderful! I'll be very glad when I can see it!! LOL!

Maria Matter said...

fun inspiration photo, so much to be inspired by!
here's mine:
... Joyful Stamper: Getting Inky!!
Be Blessed!