Saturday, September 4, 2010

ABCs and 123s

All this month I'll be the hostess for the challenges at Our Creative Corner. I think I have some fun stuff in store so I hope you'll come check it out! To kick off the month, I'm celebrating the fact that my kids will finally be starting back to school in a few days. Here in New England we start later than most of the rest of you so I'm a bit behind. Anyway, the challenge is to feature letters and/or numbers prominently on your card or project. I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

This is probably one of those cards that if I showed it to Todd, he would have some smart-aleck comment about why all those different letters mean "thank you" - I confess that I thought long and hard about what sort of sentiment to use, but I think for some reason this one works. I did have this card by Brandi Wiggins (a fellow So Shelli contest winner! yay!) in mind when I thought of using Broadsheet Alphabet on my card. It was quite easy to take letters and fit them as closely together as possible on one large clear block, then I just colored them with markers.

The color combination came about in a random way - I looked through my markers to find colors I hadn't used recently and laid them out to see if I thought they looked good together. I used Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade and Pacific Point. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the combo, but since I had prearranged my stamps I could color them once to test it out and then clean them all at the same time. And you know, it's probably one of my wackier combos but I happen to like it! To finish I added a panel of poppy designer paper (from the hostess pack, which is a must-have), a sentiment from A Word for You, and two word window tabs in Soft Suede with daffodil brads.

Be sure you go and visit the OCC blog to see what the rest of the team has done for the challenge, and then come and play along with us! We always love to see what you create!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Such a fab design, its so funky and i love the DP
love tasha xx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love all the bright colors to go with those fab letters! Great job, Lori!