Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Believe for the OCC

It's my last week of hosting for Our Creative Corner - I've had a fun month and I hope you have as well! This week it's a color challenge: crumb cake, early espresso, marina mist, soft suede, and a light neutral. I took this combination from one of my son's shirts - and I just love it!

This card is actually a stepped-up version of one of the cards in my October Kit of the Month. Come back on October 1 if you want to see that. For today here are all the details. The stamp set is called Just Believe. I first took the largest image and stamped it onto Very Vanilla - first with crumb cake and then over top of that with early espresso, offset just a little bit. This is called shadow stamping. With the help of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig, I was able to get perfect placement. Behind it I put panels of Soft Suede and Early Espresso, then I distressed and sponged all the edges and used the color spritzer tool and espresso marker to add a little more texture to the main panel. Finally I took my bone folder and curled one of the corners a little bit.

The rest of the card uses one of the stamp set's sentiments, plus a large scalloped circle in Soft Suede and a 2" circle of Early Espresso. I added basic pearls to the scallops and also to the flowers on the image. Marina Mist taffeta ribbon fills in the empty space, and for the background I used a panel of Marina Mist designer paper, a Crumb Cake card based stamped tone-on-tone with one of the smaller images in Just Believe, and (although you can hardly see it) a border punched with the scalloped ribbon punch.

I hope you'll come and play with these colors along with us - and don't forget to visit the OCC blog to check out what the other team members created. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Lori, this is beautiful! I thought I saw shadow stamping. Very nice. Love the colors you chose. Loved all your challenges this month, thanks!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Whoohoo, Lori, love your vintage, distressed card. Really awesome job. I really like the color combo this week - blue and brown - totally yummy. Thanks for a great month of challenges.

Diane Gilbert said...

Lori, this is so pretty. I love this stamp set and I love how you used it! GORGEOUS creation!

This color combination is an absolute keeper for me, LOVED it!!! Thanks for the wonderful month of challenges

Sarah Gough said...

This was SUCH a great colour combo! I love your card - I think I need that stamp set!