Saturday, November 27, 2010

Glitter, glitter everywhere...

This week's challenge at Our Creative Corner is to make a tag or incorporate a tag into our project. I decided to make a tag and put it onto a Christmas card. I, um, went a little nuts with the glitter... and you should see what didn't make it onto the card, LOL. I'm not sure what I think of this card, but it's definitely sparkly!

I started out with the Serene Snowflakes stamp set, and using Not Quite Navy ink and generational stamping I created my background panel with Baja Breeze card stock, then I added the smallest snowflakes over the background with iridescent ice embossing powder. I used the Tasteful Trim die to make the scalloped border. For the tag, which I cut out with the Two Tags die and Not Quite Navy card stock, I added an inset layer of Baja Breeze and stamped the smallest snowflakes all over with Not Quite Navy, then I covered the whole tag with Versamark and embossed with iridescent ice again. On top I added a Concord Crush punched ornament (from Tags Till Christmas), a sentiment from Christmas Greetings, a punched Concord Crush snowflake and a Concord Crush bow. Just in case it wasn't blingy enough yet, I accented the punches with just a few adhesive rhinestones.

Be sure you go see what the rest of the team created for the challenge, then tag - you're it! It's your turn to come and make your own tag creation and share it with us. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Lori, you've used one of my favorite color combinations so I already love it!! But your elements are all perfect too. Love the purple snowflake with the rhinestone and the rhinestones you added to the ornament. It's all loverly!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Lori, this is totally gorgeous. I wish I could see the bling IRL. Your colors are wonderful and the tag is perfect! Great job on this challenge.

Diane Gilbert said...

Lori this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love your color combo and all that glitter and bling.....beautiful!!!

Pauline said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous! The colour combo and bauble image is so elegant, a lovely xmas card.

Anonymous said...

what a workshop wow this would be--it's beautiful!