Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Card Buffet, round 1

Today I held my annual Christmas card buffet and it was a huge success! I had eight stampers come to make Christmas cards. I do 10 designs for the card buffet, and you've already seen two of them, so I thought I'd come and post the rest. I'll just do a couple at a time, though, so you'll have new cards to look at for several days!

Most of the cards seemed to be a hit. This one is actually a redo of a card I did last year for one of the DDIC challenges. This version is SUO, of course - the stamp is from Autumn Days, colored in Garden Green and Chocolate Chip, with circles cut from the Big Shot and Circle Scissor Plus. (Partway through we also discovered that the 2 1/2" circle punch is the perfect size, so we switched to using that instead.) I added striped DP, a sentiment from Sincere Salutations, a satin bow, and some adhesive pearls.

Here's one with a slightly less traditional color combination: Bashful Blue, Bravo Burgundy and Pear Pizazz. This was a loose CASE of this card by Lynn Put. I stamped the ornament (from Tags Till Christmas) in those three colors and put them over pear DP. The background was partially embossed with the polka dot folder, leaving room for the sentiment at the bottom. I finished off with 1/8" taffeta ribbon (it's Old Olive, which is close enough) and pearls - again - don't you love these? The sentiment on this one is from Many Merry Messages, which has so many great holiday options.

I'll stop there for today - come back to see more Christmas cards all week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori--I think my favorite from yesterday was the one you ran today with the ornaments--just love how mine turned out. Thank you for hosting this fun time--love your events!
Keep up the great work, Nola

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful cards! Wonderful details! I love them both. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week.

jaydee said...

Lori - thank you for inspiring me to get out my Autumn Days pinecones again. I love both cards, but this one is my favorite. I love the richness of the green and brown, too!
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

I completely agree with Jaydee, thanks for the awesome inspiration with the Autumn Days pinecones! Love it! I also love the fabulous color combo of the second card, too! Very pretty! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week! :)