Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A bouquet for you...

It's been a long time since I did a challenge just for fun - and I can tell! I had the card finished this morning, then I had to pick my son up from school and run some errands so I didn't have time to do my blog post. When I got back home I took the card all apart and redid the layers - I'm much happier with the result now. The colors are from the Color Throwdown and the layout from the SCS sketch challenge.

The image I used is from a new set in the summer mini called On the Grow. I colored it with Copics, which took quite a while this morning - and I'm disappointed that the flowers look much brighter in the photo than IRL. My colors are Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Pear Pizazz, and I spent a long time experimenting with my markers to get colors that match and I'm a bit peeved that it doesn't look like it in the photo! LOL! I added a strip of scallop ribbon border punch to the left of the image, over layers of turquoise card stock (embossed with the square lattice folder), daffodil DP (Greenhouse Gala) and pear card stock. The sentiment comes from Herb Expressions and to finish off I used a retired turquoise button tied with the new baker's twine - also in the summer mini. This fabulous stuff is such a hot trend and SU will have it in three colors!

OK, well, now that I've spent way too many hours on this card, I'm off to do some other things... thanks for stopping by!

No comments: