Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thank heaven for stamping

At times like this, when I'm under a lot of stress, sometimes I find that having a reason to plunge myself into creating is the best possible thing. I have club this weekend, after having returned from a lovely vacation visiting my in-laws in Mississippi, so even though it's a bit of a panic, I have had a great time creating our projects.

When I was at the Hartford regional, one of the Workshop Wow demos was on making fabric yoyos. Once I saw that they're very easy to do, I decided I'd do them at club sometime, and this is the month! The original demonstration used this same flower stem from the Sweetheart set, and it turned out so cute I had to use it on my card. I took my layout from the SCS sketch challenge. I cut my yoyo using our largest circle die, but you can use any circle die you like. The Candy Cane fabric I used for my yoyo was in the holiday mini but it's still available! Yay, because it's adorable and not overly Christmasy. My punched circles come from the birthday set Party Hearty (using the fabric colors of Wild Wasabi, Real Red and Baja Breeze). I kept it simple with a Blushing Bride card base, a dot-embossed bottom panel in Baja Breeze, a strip of 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon, and a sentiment from a set that appears to be retired - oops... oh well, my button is retired also but I just had to use it! Shh, don't tell!

2 comments:

Jenn Picard said...

Oh my gosh this is just the cutest card! I love how you used the fabric.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

So cute! Love this flower!!