Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Loving my new goodies

Do you know what one of the hardest things in the world is? Getting that first order from the new catalog and not having any time to play with all the fabulous new stuff! I finally had time to play a challenge (actually two) and I'm giving myself a challenge (again) to post more often. I'm still really busy so I'm not going to promise something crazy like posting every day, LOL. But I'm going to make an effort toward posting more than once a week!

My card today is for the SCS sketch challenge, which I actually did find difficult, and the Color Throwdown. I swapped in the new Island Indigo for Taken with Teal, since I try to use current colors on my blog, and Pear Pizazz for Certainly Celery, just 'cause I like it better. :D The other colors are Rose Red and Pretty in Pink, plus I used white for a neutral. It's such a fresh and cheery color combo. The image is from the new stamp set called Button Buddies - cute stamps and an excuse to use buttons, what's not to love? I put PIP brads in the center of the buttons - just cut or twist off the prongs and glue in place. OK, I shouldn't say "just" because it was trickier than I expected, and really quite messy, but I like the result. I used another awesome new product, the Houndstooth embossing folder. LOVE! And the sentiment is also new, from the super-cute set called Perfect Pairs. I can see I'll be using this set all the time.

It was fun stamping - just for fun - today and I hope I'll be doing it again soon. I'm so glad you stopped by - have a great day!

2 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Lori!!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors.