Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pretty in White

We have a great challenge at Our Creative Corner today - to focus on white! Now I'm not promising this is going to be easy - it's called a challenge, after all - but I encourage you to try it! I didn't really know what I was going to do for my card, but I was watching TV with my husband and the image of this card just popped into my head - I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I first cut out a bunch of flowers with the Flower Fusion die and white textured card stock. I added a pearl to the center of each one and adhered them to my background, which was embossed with one of the texture plates (if you click on the photo to enlarge it you'll see it better - it's subtle, which is what I wanted). I left the bottom of the panel plain to stamp my sentiment, which is from PTI and stamped in Memento London Fog. Finally I added some Melissa Frances white crochet trim - and voila! Done! I think it would be lovely for a bridal shower.

OK, you've heard your challenge - will you take it on and join us? We hope so! Don't forget to stop by the OCC blog and see what the rest of the team has created. Thanks so much for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I just LOVE your CAS style! This is so perfectly pretty and you didn't pile on the embellies like I tend to do. I love the way you did the flowers, it reminds me of some of the paper work I saw in Denmark! Great job on this challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your card is totally wonderful, Lori. I really love the flowers and the pretty texture. Your CAS look worked terrific for this challenge!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Sarah Gough said...

So pretty Lori! I have this die, I might have to case you!

marianne walker said...

Lori,

You are the winner from my blog hop!! Please send me a note marianne@copicmarker.com and I'll get that mailed to you.

Marianne

Sharon Wheet said...

Your card is simply beautiful! I love your idea of cutting the flowers with texture cardstock. It helps the flowers not look so flat. And the pearl centers really add some elegance.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Lori, I love that gorgeous lace around your card, and the simple design. I'm always a fan of white and CAS! Hope you have an amazing week!

Vicki Burdick said...

Just gorgeous Lori!! Love those flowers you created!! Perfect white on white card!