Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gold and Blue Christmas

I'm back as promised with another card for my Christmas card buffet. This one is for the challenge this weekend at Our Creative Corner, which is an inspiration challenge:


The elements I chose to incorporate from this picture are the patterned tablecloth, the cream background, the golden bird on the table, and the pops of blue and black. This is what I came up with:



I started by cutting out the lattice (twice) with the Big Shot - it's tone-on-tone Very Vanilla. It takes two lattice cutouts to cover the card base, but you only need the end of one of them. I wrapped gold cord (retired, shh) around the panel and then put my bird in the center. You may not be able to tell but I used the Bright Hopes stamp set for the gold embossing. The tree image is large enough that you can stamp and emboss and then punch out the elements from the black and Pacific Point card stock. I used three of the branches and then added the gold berries. I made these by taking the Versamark pad straight to the vanilla card stock, embossing the whole thing gold, and punching them out with the dots on the cupcake punch - you can also use gold card stock. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is punched with the word window and modern label punches. That's it! I like the clean design, and I didn't want to add anything else because it does take some time to assemble all the punched pieces.

I'm going to get back to work churning out those card designs - thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to visit the OCC blog to see the inspired creations from the rest of our wonderful team!

5 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Lori I love the simple elegance of your card! beautiful paper used to make the bird and I love the mistletoe. Great job!

Marjie Kemper said...

Lori, your bird is stunning! Love the way you've embossed him and how he's sitting on the branch/fibers. Fantastic!

Holly Barrett said...

What a wonderful card. The gold embossed bird is really beautiful and the Very Vanilla on Very Vanilla in the background is lovely. I like how it is a geometric a pattern similar to the tablecloth but isn't the exact pattern. Hope you have a great week!

Tui Nathan said...

This is gorgeous Lori ... I love your take on the bird, he is stunning and your embossed background is fabulous ... love the texture!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lori, so sorry I didn't stop by last week! It was so hectic. I DID want to tell you how much I enjoyed this card, though. So much fun detail in the punched bird and I love the white-on-white lattice background. You have officially added that die to my wish list. :)