Saturday, November 5, 2011

Is Razzleberry manly?

Not a question I ever thought I might ask, but there you go! This week for the challenge at Our Creative Corner, our hostess Tui Nathan asked us to make a masculine card - and if we were up to the challenge, to make a masculine card using nonmasculine colors. I wanted to give it an honest try, even though I admit - it was difficult and I'm not sure I succeeded! Tell me what you think...


Yeah, I don't think this would pass the masculine test in my house. I feel like I've seen other cards tagged as masculine that were more feminine than this, though! Well, this is my card and I'm going with it. I used generation stamping to create the leaf panel with this image from Just Believe. The sentiment is PTI. I made my little tabs for the jumbo brads with the modern label punch, and the designer paper in the background is Early Espresso (stripe) and the razzleberry print from Pocketful of Posies. Add some sponging on the edges and that was that! I do like the card, even if it's not too manly, LOL!

We hope you will take on our challenge - try those nonmasculine colors out and see what you come up with! Be sure you also visit the OCC blog to see the rest of the creations from our team!

9 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

This was a tough one! Love your title, btw.... it cracked me up! And yes, I think your razzleberry definitely meets the challenge requirements.

Tui Nathan said...

Yep ... I'm with Marjie on this one, razzleberry (non traditionally masculine) coupled with espresso definitely create masculine tones to me, love the stripes and grapihc patterned paper, love the nature themed stamping ...and of course nothing spells masculine like a small dose of brads ...great job Lori ... and thank you for taking up the challenge this week!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I think your card is wonderful, Lori. Although I think I would consider it gender neutral. (I think it would work great for either a man or a woman.) Your color palette is beautiful and I love the generation stamping. It has a beautiful classic feel to it.

Hope everyone is healthy again in your family and that you are having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

scrappingnana said...

I think it looks great for a non traditional masculine card. Love all the details. TFS

Vicki Burdick said...

Love the colors on your card Lori and the little punched piece with brad at top is so cool!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Hi Lori, I love how you used the early espresso strip to off-set the rich razzleberry print. I agree that the metal brads helped 'hard'en your card.
And yeah, this one was a challenge! :)
Have a great week! hugs, sharon

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lori, I totally think Rick Razzleberry is manly, especially paired with some Early Espresso and the hardware. This is one of those cards that I would keep in my stash that would be perfect for anyone...male or female. It is clean and classic, in every way. My hubby, who is currently looking over my shoulder really likes it, too. Lol! Hope this weekend was awesome for you! Big hugs! :)

Susan (rainy) said...

I think it could definitely pass as a masculine card especially with those perfect designer papers. Love it, Lori.

Gem Artmiste said...

ouhhhhh...love this! I think it all depends on the man, but I love it!