Saturday, August 2, 2008

It feels good to be here again


Despite some technical difficulties I'm happy to have a card to post today! I actually got to play the SCS inspiration challenge in the midst of everything going on. The challenge was some very cute Etsy purses by Pink Lemonade, and some used some fabric with pink, kiwi and black - colors that I happened to have with me!

I decided to make a birthday card. I needed something quick and since I didn't have any designer paper I could use, I made my own. The flower from Think Happy Thoughts was stamped in pink pirouette, kiwi kiss and basic black on whisper white. I made the stripes with those same colors of cardstock cut in thin strips. To make the flowered panel the same size as the striped panel I layered it with all the same cardstock colors. Then I added the sentiment from the Perfect Day rub-ons on a black scallop punch, a bit of black and white dot ribbon, and that was it! Cute and fun, and really fast!

1 comment:

*Susan* said...

Very cute card! I absolute LOVE this color combo and can't wait to see the new In Colors IRL!! I made a swap card using a similar layout, but with DP and my Cuttlebug, and I liked how easily it came together. TFS!!!
Susan :-)
(SCS = PSU_Mom)