Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I just don't know...


Does this card work? I feel like something's not right about it but I'm not sure what.

I wanted to play the color challenge today, which was basic gray, riding hood red, and always artichoke, and I wanted to use Julee's Mojo Monday sketch from this week. Well, if you look at the sketch you'll see very little resemblance - it just wasn't working. So I tried to flip some things around and salvage what I could for the color challenge - no time to start over. I'll have to try Julee's sketch again on another day!

Well, anyway. For this card my something new is the Snow Swirled set. It's so gorgeous (and still 15% off!). My something old is the retired artichoke designer paper. I had so many of the old prints that I really need to use those up before I buy more of the new prints.

I stamped the tree in artichoke craft ink on very vanilla cardstock and embossed with clear EP. For the gray snowflake I inked the stamp first in Versamark and then in basic gray so that I could emboss it as well. The bottom panel is basic gray cardstock embossed with the two smaller snowflakes and a sentiment from Many Merry Messages.

To finish the card I cut the two embossed images and the riding hood red layers with Nestabilities. I mounted both on dimensionals and added some of the riding hood red taffeta ribbon.

I still think this was a good idea... it just didn't quite end up how I pictured. Better luck next time!

No comments: