Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #42: Pier 1 ornaments


I can't help myself - I know I turn to Pier 1 a lot for my inspiration pieces but this one just called to me. Maybe because it reminded me of the Fa La La collection by Making Memories that I picked up at Target over the weekend. I already did a flip album with it, which I hope I get time to show you soon, but for today I made a (gasp!) Christmas card. (Actually I cut enough paper to make six - Christmas is coming and I keep forgetting that I need cards...) Here is a link to all the Pier 1 ornament collections - if you see something else there that inspires you, go for it! I think this photo is so large that you can't see the whole thing on my blog, so be sure you check out the original.

For my card I cut the tan card base and olive layer (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") from Bazzill cardstock. I decided to use as much of the printed paper as possible and not to any further layers. I know, another shocker! The printed panels are 4" x 1 11/16". To finish off, I took a sentiment from the kit and added burgundy Stickles around the edge. Then, on very vanilla cardstock, I stamped the poinsettia from Christ Is Born in Marvy Matchables English red and for the leaves, stamped the image again with old olive and cut out two petals to adhere behind the flower. I dotted more Stickles on the berries and then adhered both sentiment and the poinsettia with dimensionals. I think that's going to do it!

This week's SCS keyword is DSIC42. Please come and play! I'm really getting into the holiday spirit and I hope you are too. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Paper! Wish WE sold it!