Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Neutral territory


I am so challenged deprived lately - I haven't done the SCS color challenge in a long time. Today I managed to fit it in, and it was perfect timing because I needed to make a masculine birthday card. The colors of basic black, sahara sand and very vanilla were just what I needed.

I started my card with the large pine tree from Lovely as a Tree, stamped in sahara sand on vanilla cardstock. I cut and embossed with long rectangle Nestabilities, then swiped the edges with black ink on a paper towel. I like the effect that has over the embossing. Then I layered onto black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment (from Upsy Daisy) in black and did all the same things.

The background uses the Weathered stamp in sahara sand on vanilla cardstock. Again I added black ink to the edges, then three black vintage brads. To finish I added one more black layer, a top-folded sahara sand card, and some dimensionals for the sentiment. Ta-da! I'm really liking this card and I might even try it with some different combinations of neutral colors and images.

2 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this tree....very beautiful...outstanding! *~*

craftyantoinette said...

Wow, that is fabulous! I love those colors together.