Thursday, September 3, 2009

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #11


These fun sets of magnets from Greener Grass Design really caught my eye. I could see all kinds of inspiration from this collection!

I haven't stamped in a while and I'm feeling rusty, so I went looking for a good sketch challenge to use. I liked the circles in Beate's most recent weekend sketch challenge so that's what I picked. As long as I was going with circles, I pulled out Circle Circus, which seemed to be the same sort of style as some of the magnets, and I pulled a color combo out of the whole set: rich razzleberry, not quite navy, and so saffron. A little adventurous, maybe... but I think they look great together!

I started by stamping and punching the two circle images. The sentiment from Upsy Daisy was stamped in the two other colors - can you see the rock 'n roll? I'd never done it on a sentiment before... kind of cool. I trimmed the end of the saffron cardstock like a ribbon notch. The patterned papers are from Razzleberry Lemonade and a retired Patterns Pack. To make the razzleberry panel, I used the Texture wheel and the small flower from Razzle Dazzle. I wanted to keep this pretty clean, so my only embellishments are saffron buttons from Button Latte, with white cardstock threaded through the centers.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Angela

Anne

Chris

Julie

Keri

ETA: I'm sorry to announce that Chat has had to resign her position on the DT. She will be deeply missed!

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC11. Have fun and look for the next challenge on September 17!

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Lori!! I love the colors and the layout!! The buttons and circles are magnificent! Gorgeous inspired card!!
I really enjoyed this week's inspiration!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fabulous, Lori! Love the colors and circles and the sentiment band is terrific.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How beautiful! I love these colors, and the buttons and circle really are inspired by the magnets!! The rich colors you chose are wonderful!!

Denise said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the colors and I am such a button person!

Thanks for the great inspiration. I will definetly check back on September 17th.

I wished I lived closer to Littleton. I'm further south in North Attleboro.

Enjoy your day!