Sunday, September 13, 2009

Don't look now...

I actually played an SCS challenge. It's been a long time - about a month, I think! That might be a record. Well, I needed to make a birthday card so it seemed like the perfect chance to play the featured stamper challenge. And for today's challenge: the fabulous Shannan Teubner. You know her, you love her... she's amazing!

Out of all of Shannan's wonderful cards I picked this one for my CASE. I thought it would suit the style that my friend would like. I looked through my stamps and decided I would use the hostess set Asian Artistry. I went for softer colors, and I changed the layout quite a bit. I used brads but placed them differently, added some ribbon, and changed the sentiment treatment. I also made it a 5 1/4" square card - since I'm hand delivering this one, I don't need to worry about extra postage, and then I had plenty of room for my big circle.

First I stamped the image in chocolate chip on mellow moss cardstock, then added shading with white gel pen. Tip of the day: The white ink takes longer to dry than you might think! Watch out for smudges. I used Nestabilities for my circles, with really rust and chocolate chip cardstock. The background papers are from the retired Spanish set Juntos. I covered the join of the papers with chocolate chip taffeta ribbon, and I tried to add a bow but it didn't really fit on this card. LOL! The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and I used whisper white textured cardstock for it and the base. I used the large oval and offset the words all the way to the left, punched a scalloped oval from textured rust cardstock, then punched a small oval out of chocolate chip and made a tab, with a Making Memories copper brad to hold it together. Then for balance I added three more brads in the upper left. I don't know if you can see, but there are lots of dimensionals on this card: the center moss and rust circles were adhered over the chocolate chip scalloped circle with them, as was the sentiment, and then I even used them to adhere the square to the card base. I figured I'd go crazy with popping things up since this isn't going in the mail!

This might be the only card that I get to make till the next DDIC on Thursday... sometimes I need to pay the bills, LOL. This is one of those weeks when I actually have some freelance work. But I'll definitely be back on Thursday, if not before. I also want to say thank you so much to all my new followers and subscribers - I'm really pleased to have you here and I hope you enjoy what you see!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

beautiful card simple yet so elegant love cheryl xxxxxxx

Jennifer Meyer said...

I LOVE it Lori! Hope your having a fun week... Jennifer :)