Thursday, January 7, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #19


Happy 2010! Wow, I can't believe it! I think we have a fun challenge for you this week. Just about everyone I know loves chocolate, but this week's inspiration piece is some chocolate that won't ruin your waistline: Chocolate Box Soaps from Terrain. (Sorry the photo isn't bigger - it's the best I could get. You might be able to see the patterns larger if you go to Terrain's site.)

I'm still having fun with my new products from the Occasions Mini. For this card I wanted to use the Very Vintage wheel with the Vintage Vogue set. I chose chocolate chip, so saffron, and really rust for my colors. Using naturals white cardstock for my base, I first stamped the damask from Friends 24-7 in chocolate chip down the left side. Next I used the wheel with saffron ink to make a background panel and stamped on of the Vintage Vogue flower images in the corner with chocolate chip. The large F was inked with rust and chocolate chip with the rock 'n roll technique, then layered onto chocolate chip and rust cardstock. I used the eyelet border punch on one edge of the rust panel. Then I stamped the large flower with saffron craft ink and embossed it - hoping to make it pop just a bit more, and I think it worked. I put a chocolate chip corduroy button in the center. When I put it all together I added the strip of chocolate chip satin ribbon, but it looked really bare. So for a finishing touch I chose three little saffron buttons (from Fresh Favorites) tied with hemp twine and adhered with mini glue dots. I'm loving the end result!

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Keri

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC19. Have fun and look for the next challenge in two weeks!

13 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your new "toys", Lori! Great job on the challenge with these wonderful colors, and the addition of the buttons!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! Love your new toys and how you showcased them here!! I love the colors, the stamped background, and the buttons!! Gorgeous take on the inspiration!

Donna said...

Very cool! I love the colors, and I just might have to get those stamps!

Corie said...

this is beautiful!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Lori! Love the big monogram and the button trio. Just beautiful!

Kerri said...

OOH, I am loving that Vintage Vogue set! How pretty with the Damask border you created! Absolutely gorgeous, Lori!!!

Paper Potter said...

This is one of those cards that I'd like dozen of. Very pretty, so classy, and the perfect amount of layering for my taste. Def gonna CASE this one! The Friends 24-7 stamp set is becoming my Go To set.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that's not real chocolate! Love the inspiration--I'll have to make some time and play with this too--one of my NY resoultions--do get in on more challenges!
Your card is great--I love that new set.

hope chests said...

These are so pretty! I love the new toys that are showcased here! It is something very inspiring! I better get to work.

Hazel said...

My card is here x

Two Happy Stampers said...

Your card is just absolutely gorgeous and those colors are so elegant together. Lovely job! =)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I got to play too--I took my inspiration from Dee.
Hugs, Nola
You can see it at: www.inkonmypaws.blogspot.com

Chanda said...

This is so beautiful! You come up with some gorgeous designs! Thank you for sharing your talent. I'm going to add The Diva Stamper to my list of "Linky Loos I Love" on my webpage!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.blogspot.com