Monday, June 14, 2010

New Color Creation #3

Here's a simple Father's Day card I made this morning to send to my father-in-law. My new colors I'm featuring today are Pear Pizazz and Cajun Craze. Pear Pizazz is one of the upcoming In Colors - and these five fun colors will be with us for two years! It's a pretty green, darker than Certainly Celery but lighter than Old Olive. Cajun Craze is a lovely rusty dark orange.

I took one of the stamps from Leaf Lines and stamped it three times with Chocolate Chip on naturals white card stock, then I colored it with Pear Pizazz and Cajun Craze markers. I added the sentiment (from Memory Box) in Cajun Craze and pierced a line under it for emphasis. In two corners I added retired Hodgepodge Hardware copper brads. Finally I finished off with a panel of Pear Pizazz embossed with the square lattice folder.

I hope you're enjoying seeing previews of the new colors as much as I'm loving playing with them. July 1 is just around the corner, right?

2 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Lori, I love the colors and image for this card. I'm sure he will too!

scrappingnana said...

Very nice. I love the new colors. TFS