Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Color Creation #6

Are you having fun seeing all the new colors? I think I've used all but one and I'll try to get it in before July 1! This is a card that we'll make at my club meeting this week. I used two new colors, Blushing Bride and Cajun Craze, along with Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Soft Suede. I am loving all the fresh color combos that these new colors offer!

My card is a CASE of this card, which I just thought was fabulous. I kept more of the original than I usually do - it was so great that I had to! The "notebook" paper was made with my scoring tool and spiral punch, then I took the Soft Suede pad directly to the card stock before sponging on a bunch more. I used With All My Heart and Sweetheart with the extra large flower punch to make my image - I just love these stamps together. I kept the A to Z image on the blush panel - the Soft Suede was stamped off once to keep it from being too dark. The faux ricrac is done with the scallop edge punch - I started with a 1" strip of Cajun Craze card stock, punched one side, then offset the punch to do the other side. I used a tab of 1 1/4" striped ribbon and a sentiment from All Holidays to finish it off.

I'm still working on what the other two club projects will be, so I'd better get back to it. Thanks for stopping by - I always appreciate those of you who visit!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh I love your ric-rac and can't wait to try this technique - tfs