Thursday, October 7, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #37

Welcome to this week's challenge! We had an extra Thursday in September so it feels like we've been gone a looooong time. This week we have these elegant Claus Porto Classico soaps for your inspiration pleasure. We hope you'll play along with us!

For my card I pulled out the colors Concord Crush, Basic Gray, So Saffron and Old Olive. I thought the flower in Friends 24-7 was the perfect image for this challenge. To set it off I made a border with the damask image and embossed saffron card stock with the square lattice folder, then added a panel of retired olive paper. I used gray satin ribbon to set off the two background panels and Nestabilities to cut the smaller panels. I kept it pretty simple and just added a sentiment from Short & Sweet with an olive button and a pearl in the center.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on online forums will be DDIC37. Have fun and look for the next challenge on October 21!

6 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Lori, I love the colors you chose!! The sweet flower image goes so nicely with the textured panel! Just lovely!!

Donna said...

Beautiful! The colors you went with are perfect, and the design is so calm and serene.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Lori!! I so love your flower image, your dp and the embossing!! So peaceful!! Stunning take on the inspiration!
hugs,
Chris

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just beautiful, Lori! I love the colors and wonderful texture. Terrific layout, too!

Natalie said...

Very pretty card! Love the textured panel with the embossing folder! Fantastic inspiration pic!

Kerri said...

This is just beautiful, Lori!!! I love the layout, colors, and texture! I almost used that flower image too!!! I stamped it, colored it, cut it out and was going to have my ribbon tied around it but it just didn't look right... You made it look perfect!