Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lighthouse Birthday

It's time for another challenge over at Our Creative Corner, and this week our hostess, Diane Gilbert, has a fun sketch challenge for us. I decided to do a masculine card with the stamp set Uncharted Territory. I used colors from another challenge blog, Hand Stamped Sentiments. The combination is a cool one: Real Red, Pear Pizazz, Pacific Point and Early Espresso.

I stamped the lighthouse on white card stock in espresso, then highlighted just a few areas of the image with markers. Since I was doing a masculine card, I used torn edges instead of a border punch, and I picked twill tape instead of ribbon, adding a red button (retired) tied with hemp twine for an accent. The background is from the In Color hostess paper pack and the sentiment from the hostess set Afterthoughts. I couldn't decide which color(s) to use on the sentiment, so I used three! I simply colored the top half of the "birthday" with the red marker and then filled in the bottom with the blue. The curly label punch and Movers & Shapers gave me my fun sentiment shape.

You'll want to be sure to visit the OCC blog and see everyone's creations for the challenge - and then play with the sketch yourself and share your creativity with us!

6 comments:

Wendy J. said...

I like that color combo, Lori! Great masculine card!

Unknown said...

This is a great masculine card. I love the torn edge instead of scallops, that would not be very masculine. Great job with the sketch!

Sarah Gough said...

Love it - esp. the way you inked the sentiment!

Diane Gilbert said...

Lori, GREAT masculine card!! Those colors are awesome together! I have this stamp set on my wish, I really need to order it soon!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great card, Lori. I really like that stamp, so perfect for a guy. Perfect color combo and twill is definitely the way to go for a guy!

farmhouse dining table said...

Love the simplicity of the card. It really is beautiful and the colors are so nice.