Saturday, October 30, 2010

Vanilla Toile


Welcome to another Saturday at Our Creative Corner! This is the final week for Diane Gilbert's October challenges, and this week she brought us a fabuous inspiration challenge - which you know I loved, of course! This gorgeous room comes from Pottery Barn.

I looked at the photo and immediately thought of toile, so I knew I wanted to use the Bella Toile BG stamp. I inked it with Crumb Cake and stamped it on Very Vanilla card stock. Behind that I used a layer of So Saffron designer paper. I also wanted to pull in the stripes from the photo, so I chose some striped Crumb Cake paper for the center panel. To get a really striking look I used black for my layers - I couldn't really tell what the dark accents in the photo were, so I just went for it and I love the result. In the center I added an image from Flower Fancy, which rather than putting it onto a panel, I just cut it out and adhered it right to the card. I added pearls to my scalloped panel for a little more elegance, leaving room for the sentiment from Occasional Quotes.

Don't forget to stop by the OCC blog to see what all the other team members have come up with for the challenge, and then play along with us! Hope you are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Wow...do great minds think alike or what? Haha! Beautiful Lori! It all comes together so well! Love your colors and papers together!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh so gorgeous, Lori, just super elegant. Brilliant to use a toile stamp for this inspiration and your soft colors are just so pleasing! Absolutely love it.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Renee said...

Wow this is beautiful!

Sarah Gough said...

So gorgeous! I must get my hands on that background!

Diane Gilbert said...

Lori this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love your card!!

Dorcas said...

This is fabulous! I love it! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/