Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stamping therapy

Today is the sixth day in a row that I've been home with one or both kids - partially due to winter weather, which we are getting more of today - and we are going a little stir crazy! So I really needed some stamping therapy. I loved the new color combo challenge at colourQ: Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, and white. I combined the colors with the Sweet Sunday Sketch and came up with this card. It almost makes me forget the snow that's falling outside my window... again...

I should be sure to say - this is a big card, 6" square. I flipped the sketch so I could use the long sentiment from Heard from the Heart. (And oops... I forgot the border strip on the sketch. Sorry!) The sentiment panel was layered over a Nesties circle (embossed with the Elegant Lines folder) and a panel of poppy DP. Then I put my flower on top with dimensionals. This beautiful bloom was made with the Build a Blossom stamp set from the mini catalog and the coordinating punch. Clearly I *need* some therapy since I made my flower with 10 petals - but it looks so full and gorgeous that way. Not something I would do with my club, but this is just for me, so why not? My one little disclaimer: I started this card before I saw that Sylvia from the colourQ DT used the same flower - hers is stunning so I wasn't sure I should even post mine... but I was already mostly done, so... oh well!

OK, it's time for me to see what else needs to get done on this wintry day. Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Lori this is beautiful! My favorite therapy!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Well, I for one am GLAD you posted this gorgeous card! You gals are really selling me on that stamp set - lol! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ with us!

Sylvia said...

Hi Lori, Your card is wonderfully designed! I am so glad you posted it. Your flower is so different than mine but equally gorgeous! that is what stamping and a challenge is all about, right? thanks for the shout out! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

Unknown said...

oooooo, Lori, I just LOVE this pretty card! Great texture and pattern going on behind that awesom flower as well! Thanks for playing with us at colourQ! :) I love your post as well, I call it "craft therapy!" ;)

kasia c. said...

Big and beautiful! I LOVE your 10-petal flower! I also love all of the texture you have going on, the design paper and the embossed circle. Fantstic. Thanks for playing with ColourQ this week. :)

Nola said...

Lori--you did a great job on this card. Love how it all comes together. So glad you have stampin as your therapy!

Sharnee Torrents said...

What a gorgeous card!! THat flower is amazing!!
Smiles SHarnee :)

Rochelle said...

Lori this card is great! The flower you made is beautiful and what a perfect layout for it! I am going to have to use that set and punch ASAP!! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week!

Suzanne Bier said...

That is one fantastic flower...so beautiful and perfect with this week's set of challenge colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Donna said...

Hi Lori! What a gorgeous card and those colors are a perfect remedy for the winter doldrums!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Lori, this is such a beautiful card. The colors are fantastic and that flower is definitely a winner - love all the layers.

Christina said...

Completely gorgeous, Lori! Your flower is wonderful, and I love the overall design. So glad you played along at the ColourQ this week!

Diane Gilbert said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, I love this card. These colors are beautiful together!!

savvy teaching tips said...

Adorable card. Great work with that stamp/ punch set. Don't you just love it? Thanks for playing with us at Colour Q this week.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Lori. Lovely colors. :o)

Sylvia said...

Your card is showcased on Nancy Riley's top picks. If you do not know her blog you will find her in Sylvia's Favorite's in the side bar. Congraulations! congrats on yous being honored on the ColourQ as well. Card is excellent!