Friday, June 7, 2013

Cute Zoo Babies

Oh my, I've been so busy lately - but yesterday my order of goodies from the new catalog arrived, and today I just had to crack something open and make a card just for fun. I don't even know when the last time was I did that. Is there seriously any better therapy? This one is for two challenges: colourQ and Create with Connie and Mary's sketch.


I loved the color combo the colourQ team came up with:


I substituted the new Smoky Slate and the recently returned Pear Pizzazz, plus I added Early Espresso just to give more depth. These colors seemed like great matches for the animals I chose from the new set called Zoo Babies. I don't know what it is - I'm not a big cutesy stamper, but I can't resist animal sets like this one! I tried my hand at cutting hexagons to go on the embossed banner - and I'm joining the ranks of people who are hoping we get a mini hexagon punch soon! The DPs are a mix of old and new patterns. The sentiment from Label Love seemed like the perfect choice, and I added one of the new neutrals buttons threaded with a tiny piece of the pear DP. Now all I need is someone to have a sweet baby boy so I can send this card out - I seem to be past the era of friends having babies, but I still love to make baby cards!


8 comments:

Deb said...

Love how you used this stamp set! So cute! Love the fussy cut hexies, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Stamp therapy is the best kind of therapy! Absolutely adorable card. Love the way you stacked the animals. So glad you joined us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Mary Brown said...

This is WAAAAAAY too cute! I love how you did the banner and your 'stack' of animals just DARLING! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Kara said...

So cute!! love those adorable stacked animals! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

Lisa Martz said...

Don't you just love the new Zoo Babies set? I think I am going to have so much fun with this set! I love how you "stacked" the animals on top of each other! Very cute baby card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday sketch challenge this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a precious baby card! I love those zoo babies too and what fun with the hexagonals! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW! That's a lot of cutting! So stinkin' cute!! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Sylvia said...

Cute card,Lori, love all the pieces you put together to create this baby card! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.