Monday, June 10, 2013

Short and Sweet

Happy Monday! I decided to squeeze in time for a quick card today, and the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple challenge was the perfect thing. It's a color challenge this week: Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake and white. For me this is a small amount of colors, LOL. I also took a peek at the Mojo Monday sketch and decided I could make it work for CAS. It doesn't have a lot of white space, but I would call this card CAS because it doesn't have much layering and it came together really quickly. You could say it was the opposite of my card from Saturday!


I'm still having fun playing with all my new stuff. This card features one of the images from Flower Shop, along with the coordinating pansy punch. Just a heads-up: it can be tricky aligning this punch with the image since it's not symmetrical - but I kept turning my flower and eventually I got the right spot. It's definitely worth the effort - gorgeous stamp set and punch. I also used the new hostess set called Banner Greetings, the Gingham Garden DP (again), and the candy dots. These are perfect if you put your card together and realize that a corner needs a little something (ahem). Super cute and easy! The rest of the card uses Crumb Cake card stock with embossed dots, punched melon borders (one strip from the ribbon punch, cut in half), and retired pear DP - oh, and I made quick little leaves with the wing on the bird punch and embossed those with the houndstooth folder.

This is one of the things I love about stamping - I can spend a long time crafting something elaborately detailed, or I can quickly put together an adorable card that still packs a punch! (Pun intended!) I hope you'll pull out your supplies and stamp something today. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Lori, this is so fresh and sweet and very pretty!