Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hello, Dahlia

Hello again! I have card #2 for you. I have always wanted to play along with the Play Date Cafe but hadn't had a chance until today. The idea of black and white with a splash of apricot really intrigued me as a challenge. I decided Crisp Cantaloupe was close enough and went with that color. Such a clean and modern color scheme seemed to pair really well for the new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch. I'm also considering this a one-layer card (in my mind, dimensionals are required and don't count!) for the Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers.




Here is my card featuring the new stamp set called Regarding Dahlias:


This is something very different for me and I'm really pleased with the result. On the white card layer I used the Simply Scored borders plate to emboss the left side, then I stamped the flower and sentiment in Basic Black. Stamping the flower again in cantaloupe on a scrap allowed me to cut out and pop up the center for the splash of color. I felt like the color needed to come in somewhere else, though, so I colored some pearls with a Sharpie and added them as accents to the scalloped border.

I have to say, I have had so much fun this week. It's been such a treat to spend so much time creating. This will probably be the end of my stamping for a few days, but I will be back as soon as I can to keep the creations coming!

5 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so elegant, love the pearls :)

Beverley said...

Stunning! Love the 2 tone layer flower. Great combination of challenges too. Hugs Bev x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Found you from The Play Date Cafe! Lovely Card! Love that Large Bloom Stamp.

Have a lovely weekend!

Cynthia T said...

Simply lovely. What a work of art :)

anya said...

This is so gorgeous - I love the way you've added the second layer of the flower in peach. The pearls are fabulous, too! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!