Saturday, June 8, 2013

My happy place

Twice in one weekend - crazy, right? I posted my card yesterday, even though I wasn't super happy with it - you spend enough time on something, you figure you'll just throw it out there anyway. But today I felt like I needed to boost my stamping confidence a little. I spent all afternoon on this card - never mind that one of my Copics blobbed all over the image when I was almost done coloring it, and I fussed a lot over just about every decision I made. It's been a long time since I devoted that much of my day to one single project, and looking at it now I feel happy.


There are three challenges at work here: Color Throwdown (I used Melon Mambo, Crisp Cantaloupe, Kiwi Kiss, and a mix of Daffodil Delight and Barely Banana), CAS-ual Fridays (banners) and Deconstructed Sketches. The featured stamp set is brand-new and called Backyard Basics - these stamps are gorgeous, and how great that we have dies to go with them. I did the large group of pink flowers and three tulips, then "tied" them into a bouquet with a bit of ribbon. Here are the Copic colors I used:


It's been a long time since I did much with Copics, but I had a blast using them (apart from the aforementioned blob incident). There are a bunch of products used here: Delicate Doilies sizzlit with DP from Birthday Basics, Window Frame framelit (I cobbled together my own piercing "template" since the one that goes with these framelits doesn't include the teeny tiny die), A Round Array stamp set for the sentiment, banners from Gingham Garden DP (pink and yellow) and one from my stash (green), and retired melon DP for the background.

My life is crazy right now, and I don't know what lies ahead - there could be some big changes for me in the coming months. For the time being I think I'm going to try to do more challenges and post more often, because like I said, it makes me happy. Thanks for visiting and enjoy the weekend!

6 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

So pretty and elegant!
Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
Sylvia xx

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love how you colored the flowers. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

GORGEOUS card, and love the layout! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Your flowers look wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge blog!

Kelly Griglione said...

Well I'd say all your hard work paid off! It's just beautiful : ) Thanks so much for playing in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Patrice said...

Impressive - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-224.html