Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hey! I stamped something!

My editing project is done! Yippee! I have no work lined up for the immediate future, either, so I'm hoping to complete some projects: more cleaning and organizing, listing loads of stuff on eBay, and making some cards!

Yesterday Todd asked me to make an Easter card to send to his great-aunt Easy (her real name is Louise, which is where we got Sarah's middle name, but Todd's mom always called her Easy so we do too). So the title of this card on SCS, "Easy Easter," is really a double meaning.

I used Beate's weekend sketch from last weekend (here) for a quick layout. I chose this lily stamp by Inkadinkado for the image, and stamped in basic brown on watercolor paper. Then I colored in with watercolor pencils. The petals are colored white - I just got the neutral crayons not long ago - can you see it? Well, I tried. The other colors are saffron and moss. I couldn't find my aqua painter and used my blender pen to color instead - not sure I'm happy with the results but we'll just move on.

The saffron panel is stamped with the linen background in saffron ink, and then I paper pierced along the top and bottom. I stamped the sentiment (from All Holidays) in moss at the bottom. The white card seemed too stark when I laid it out so I did the linen again in moss and liked it much better. The lily panel is up on foam tape and then mounted to moss cardstock, and the ribbon is moss as well.

I think this is a nice and simple but still pretty card - and if you want to see a metaphor in the tearing and piercing on an Easter card, well, it wasn't intentional, but it did occur to me as I was finishing what I'd done. I like that extra layer of meaning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! The lily is beautiful!!!

Kim said...

LOVE that flower!

jjcreations said...

Lovely Lily!!! Joan