Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #18: Container Store wrapping paper


This is not the challenge I had planned for today - the only photo of my original idea is on my currently unavailable PC, so I hope I'll be able to come back to it when I get my new hard drive. In the meantime I'm going with a backup idea, which came from a wrapping paper flyer I got from the Container Store. The papers featured on it were the ones in the first photo, but then I went to their web site and found several other collections - so there is lots of great inspiration here! Pick your favorite(s) and play along - I had to do two myself. I chose the original one I'd seen and also a gorgeous wedding collection.

I did the wedding one first. This card uses today's SCS sketch challenge for the layout. It was perfect to showcase this marriage stamp from Paper Inspirations. I stamped in Versamark on whisper white cardstock and embossed with Ranger princess gold EP. This powder seemed to best capture the fine detail of all the words. I matted the sentiment on some gold cardstock I had left over from Christmas, and used my ticket corner punch to dress it up.

The blue paper panel is by Anna Griffin - she has such lovely papers for elegant wedding cards. I used more gold cardstock and a scrap of gold organdy ribbon. The background is the swirl from Baroque Motifs embossed as before on white, then layered onto my last piece of gold cardstock - I couldn't believe I had just enough. To pick up the blue in the paper, I used a bashful blue card base. The sentiment is mounted on dimensionals.

For the second wrapping paper collection, I decided to do another photo holder. I was inspired by the colors and the feel - I chose the Enjoy Every Moment stamp set and certainly celery, real red, and pretty in pink. The background is a Doodlebug paper that was originally black and white; for more color, I used my celery marker and pink and red Sharpies to fill in the leaves and flower centers.

The sentiment is stamped in red on whisper white, then I punched out a celery circle and a pink flower to go inside the O and put a vintage brad in the center. I mounted on black cardstock and wrapped a strip of pink grosgrain ribbon around, attaching on the back of the coaster.

Next I did the large flowers, which were stamped in red and pink and cut out. I layered the celery dotted circle and small flowers in the center with brads to match the O, then mounted them on dimensionals. Finally I added the "every moment", which was stamped on red for a punch of color.

I'd love to see what you come up with for this week's challenge! If you upload to SCS, the keyword this week is DSIC18. Have fun!

No comments: