Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #43: Athleta Tunic Cami


Welcome back to my IC! It's been a very long time and it feels good to finally bring the challenge back. Let's hope there are no more unexpected interruptions like this one! This week's keyword for SCS upload is DSIC43. I hope you will come and play!

I'm starting off easy this week - great colors and images to work with in this cami from Athleta. This was one of those catalog items that made me gasp when I saw it, and I knew I had to use it right away.

I made my card a fairly literal interpretation. I did the top background panel first, which is a gorgeous B Line Designs damask background stamp, using baja breeze on vanilla cardstock. Then I stamped the Pretty Petals background, inking only the stems and leaves with a blender pen and kiwi kiss reinker. Next I added the flowers, which are from Eastern Blooms and A Beautiful Thing, using kiwi kiss, riding hood red, baja breeze, and chocolate chip. I used riding hood red cardstock for layering and riding hood red/vanilla taffeta ribbon to define the two stamped areas. Over these backgrounds I put the large branch image from Eastern Blooms with a Hero Arts sentiment. I cut and embossed both of these with Nestabilities and popped them up on dimensionals, then put it all on a baja breeze card.

Do you have a go-to layout that you use when you want something that never fails? This is probably mine. It's a good one to have in my back pocket for when I need it - I really love long and skinny images and it works every time!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you play the challenge, don't forget to leave a comment so everyone can see!

No comments: