Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #45: Amelia Snap Pouch


I was browsing Etsy last night and came across this sweet little pouch by candyargyle. Isn't it too cute? I love the flowers and the colors. I was inspired by the fabric on the outside, but the lining fabric is fun as well - be sure you look at all the photos!

For my card I chose baja breeze, so saffron, kiwi kiss, and chocolate chip for my colors. I used the SCS sketch challenge for my layout. Did I go overboard? I was having too much fun putting lots of stuff on this card.

I wanted to make a flower pattern inspired by the pouch, so I took the smallest flower from Petal Pizazz and stamped it in chocolate chip, saffron, and baja breeze, using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig for alignment. I was able to do it in diagonal rows so that I didn't have to change ink color for every single impression. The large flower from the same set was stamped in baja breeze and chocolate chip, then I punched out the chocolate chip center with the 1/2" circle punch and added it to the baja flower. The leaves are stamped in kiwi.

For background I used the dot print from the kiwi patterns pack and a saffron paper from a retired Simply Scrappin' kit. I used a strip of baja cardstock with a bit of kiwi ribbon, and then added ribbon just at the top of the yellow panel with a big, fun bow. I had just enough room for the sentiment from Think Happy Thoughts. I used a lot of dimensionals on this one - this is definitely not a 42-cent card!

I am going to ignore the snow that's falling outside my window and think about spring with these fun colors. I hope you're inspired to join in! This week's SCS keyword is DSIC45. Please come and play, and leave a comment here so everyone can see!

1 comment:

dj said...

love your card--cute little pouch that you used as your inspiration--will try to play later--off to a Super Bowl party--even though I am not into football--I am into the fun it brings when great friends get together!!