Sunday, January 25, 2009

Love Times Two

Here's a pretty quick Valentine that still looks elegant. I'm breaking out some more new SU stuff with this card, which I made for the featured stamper challenge on SCS. Today's stamper is Vicky Gould - she's an amazing artist with an enormous, gorgeous gallery! I picked the first card that jumped out at me, which was this one.

I was inspired by Vicky's use of the Cuttlebug birds and swirls folder to try out the new SU-exclusive texture plates from Sizzix. I used the swirly one - it's gorgeous. Based on some advice from other demos, I stacked up the sandwich with an additional layer of cardstock on top - that gives a deeper impression. I used the plate on whisper white, pink pirouette and bravo burgundy cardstock, and to highlight the swirls a bit more I wiped a paper towel dipped in burgundy ink over all of the swirls.

I decided to use the Love heart from A Happy Heart and make this a Valentine's card. I stamped it on pink and burgundy with Versamark, embossed with clear EP, and cut the hearts out. Then I made a scalloped rectangle with the scallop edge punch from the white swirl-embossed cardstock and mounted the hearts with dimensionals. I added white taffeta ribbon and put the heart panel over that with more dimensionals.

For my three brads I took the Heart to Heart punch and punched out three little hearts from burgundy cardstock, then mounted them on 1/2" inch white circles with brass vintage brads. I adhered them to the card with glue dots and stamped Happy Valentine's Day on the inside. How's that for (fairly) simple elegance?

1 comment:

dj said...

I think that is awesome for some simple elegance!! Hey come on over to my blog--I have something for you.