Sunday, February 22, 2009

안녕하세요

No, you are not on the wrong blog! My post title today is the formal "hello" in Korean, pronounced “Ahn-YOUNG-ha-SEH-yo." Why am I greeting you in Korean? Well, it's a two-part answer. Part 1 is the featured stamper challenge for today, featuring Jami (sgtStamper), who lives in Korea. Part 2 is that as a senior in college, I spent my last three months of school living in Taegu, South Korea. I chose to CASE Jami's beautiful Korean thank-you card partly out of my fondness for this country where I was lucky enough to spend a short amount of time.

Jami's card used one of Beate's sketches, so I flipped the layout and fiddled with it some. I used similar colors but did stamping instead of making my own flowers and stem.

I started with the largest image from the hostess set Echoes of Kindness. I stamped with jet black Stazon on watercolor paper, then watercolored with an Aqua Painter and riding hood red and kiwi kiss reinkers. The sentiment comes from the retired hostess set Best Yet. For the background I used a panel of black dry-embossed cardstock, embossed with the swirl texturz plate. Behind the flowers I put a strip of Scenic Route Sonoma paper edged with a strip of scalloped border in kiwi. I punched out the scallop circle punch to tie those elements together and added three vintage brads in the upper right corner.

Thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to check out my ribbon giveaway post requesting feedback on my blog inspiration challenges. I was going to draw the winner tonight but I haven't received very many comments yet, so I'll extend it for a week. I'd really love to know your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori--this is a beautiful card.
Nola