Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Cheep Hello


Hey, it's my first chance to really play with some goodies from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. There is great stuff to choose from this time around - I honestly love all of it! I broke out the designer paper, Delicate Dots, and the ribbon (so saffron wide grosgrain; you also get certainly celery poly-twill), and paired them with the Cheep Talk stamp set for my featured stamper challenge card. Today's featured stamper is juliemlacey - I'm not sure I've been to her gallery before, but her creations are gorgeous so I don't know how I could have missed it! This is the card I chose to CASE. I fell in love with the layout and thought it would be good to showcase this stamp set.

I mostly kept the layout except that I flipped it to make room for my bigger stamped panel, and then I had to fiddle with a couple of the other elements to make it all work together. I was bummed that I didn't have room for a knot on my ribbon. I used different colors and images (obviously) and added a little paper piercing. I used the new 5/16" white brads - aren't they cool?

To make my stamped panel, I first stamped the branch in certainly celery, then colored the bird with bashful blue, so saffron and chocolate chip markers. For dimension I cut out another impression of the bird's body and popped it up. The flower was stamped in saffron, cut out, and mounted on dimensionals. One of the last things I did was stamp the flower again with chocolate chip ink and cardstock, then I punched out the center with the 1/2" circle punch. I think it really made the flower pop.

I think that's it for today. I have a really busy week ahead - and it's also school vacation week so Ben and I are going to have a lot more time together than usual... wish me luck! Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!

No comments: