Monday, March 9, 2009

February (well, March part 1) club cards

I'm playing catch-up a bit today. I thought you might like to see the cards we made at my club meeting yesterday. We missed our one gal who was out sick but we still had a good time! We'll be meeting again in just a couple weeks because yesterday's session was actually the February meeting, which we had to reschedule from when I was sick myself. (Is it spring yet?)

This card uses the technique with watercolor crayons colored directly on the stamp and spritzed with water. We used the SAB set Botanical Blooms with elegant eggplant, always artichoke and mellow moss. I put a layer embossed with one of the texturz plates behind it, with taffeta moss ribbon, flowers from the Pretties Kit daubed with eggplant ink and accented with half pearls, and the Elegant Thank You stamp punched with the scallop square.

Here is the card we made to play with more SAB goodies. I got the idea for this card from a layout I saw in the most recent issue of Stampin' Success. The heart from Polka Dot Punches was stamped in certainly celery and bashful blue, then punched and accented with filigree brads. A strip from the Delicate Dots paper and a generation-stamped celery panel are the background, and then I wrapped a bit of knotted celery poly-twill ribbon around the blue paper. I used the congratulations sentiment from Congrats in chocolate chip and then added a corresponding layer over the white card base. I imagined that this could be a wedding or anniversary card.

I hope you enjoy these SUO cards, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: