Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hooray for Kelly H!



Kelly is today's chosen featured stamper and does she ever deserve it! She has a huge and amazing gallery. It took a while just to choose which card to CASE! In the end I picked this one - it just spoke to me. I kept the layout but made it a square card, used chocolate chip but with baja breeze, and made my own background instead of using a background stamp. I also left off the brads because, in all honesty, I forgot! But I don't think there was room for them anyway.

For my main panel I used the gorgeous flower image from Friends 24-7. It was stamped in chocolate chip on whisper white, then I accented the flowers and leaves with just a little bit of baja breeze ink and a blender pen. For layers I used baja breeze cardstock and the chocolate chip damask print paper from Parisian Breeze. I sponged the edges of everything with chocolate chip. The background is made with the damask stamp from the same set, with chocolate chip ink stamped off once. I added sponging over the whole panel, with extra on the edges, and some polka dot ribbon from the Valet pack.

The sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers - I just colored the "Thinking of You" part with a marker. What do you think of my punch layering? This is a bit funky for me! I used the curvy label punch to make the layers. First I punched one label and placed it vertically behind the oval, then I punched another label and with it oriented the "correct" way I cut it in half, then adhered each half to the two ends of the oval.

This shabby chic style is one of my most favorites - I hope you like it, too! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: