Friday, March 6, 2009

What a week!


I am so happy to have something to post today! I worked like a maniac and got my freelance project out the door on time, and I finished a custom order that needed to go out yesterday. So I decided I would give myself this morning off to stamp. (And it's also my birthday... so that's my present to myself, LOL.)

My mom asked me to make a card for her aunt and uncle's 65th wedding anniversary. Wow, 65 years - isn't that inspiring? I also played the SCS limited supply challenge to make a card in 30 minutes or less and Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge to use heat embossing.

I was inspired to use night of navy based on the only information I could find about the traditional gift for the 65th anniversary - the star sapphire is apparently the gemstone for this anniversary. My mom wanted the numbers on the card so I took some chipboard numbers from Timeless Type, covered them with navy craft ink, and embossed with clear EP. This is so quick and easy, and the chipboard looks so great embossed.

I also embossed the flower image from Thoughts and Prayers, but this time I used Ranger cobalt Antiquities EP. The stamped and embossed image was just not intense enough in color for me otherwise. The cobalt is not quite the same color, but it doesn't seem to matter - it just fills out the color of the ink. For cutting out I used a large Nestabilities oval.

For the background I used a panel of navy cardstock dry embossed with the swirl SU texture plate. I chose to use soft sky as an accent color for the large panel and the scallop border on the Nestabilities oval. Then I added a sentiment from Hugs & Wishes, attached the oval with dimensionals and added the soft sky ribbon and bow, and glued the numbers onto the oval.

OK, my morning is flying by - I'm off to see if I can finish anything else before school pickup this morning. Have a wonderful day and weekend - I'm so glad you visited today!

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I love your card - it is SO striking!!! It will surely be a hit with the recipients!!! I'm so glad you played!!! Have A GREAT day today - you deserve it!!!

Cheryl Hirzel said...

very very beautiful!