Saturday, February 21, 2009

Feeling a little rusty


Here's my first challenge card since Sunday - I think I'm a bit out of practice! This card looked better in my head, but here it is anyway. I wanted to play along with the SCS inspiration challenge this morning, which is on a fun site called Flutter. I picked this pillow - the colors and patterns just jumped out at me. My layout is Beate's weekend sketch challenge - it's so nice having her challenges back!

I chose the colors riding hood red, sage shadow, and bordering blue and the stamp set Simple Friendship to make my own designer paper. In the end I only used a tiny bit of it, though! Under that strip I added a piece of sage cardstock stamped with just the swirl in sage shadow. I stamped the butterfly in riding hood red and cut out, then did the sentiment also in red and cut with Nestabilities.

To finish the card I first ran some bordering blue cardstock through the Big Shot with one of the texturz plates and used that for the background. The designer paper on the right is from Scenic Route's Sonoma collection - if you haven't seen these papers, check them out because they are fabulous. You'll be seeing them on my blog a lot, I think. The ribbon and bow are sage grosgrain ribbon, and for just a bit of sparkle I added some blue A Muse twinkle stickers.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, and don't forget to check out my ribbon giveaway post asking for feedback on my own inspiration challenges! Deadline for leaving a comment is Sunday night at 10 p.m. Eastern.

No comments: