Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tin o' Tiny Tags


Here's a sweet little set of tags that I was working on this week. They're up for sale in my Etsy shop (the link is on the lefthand side of my blog). I was inspired by the tags on the last page of the catalog - I'd been thinking of making some tags to sell and these are what I came up with. I did CASE a couple of the catalog ones, but then I branched out with my own ideas as well.

For my colors I used so saffron, kiwi kiss, and baja breeze - I loved these colors on my IC card from Wednesday and wanted to play with them some more! I decided to make these with textured cardstock, which just adds a little more texture and interest. I used a variety of supplies, including the stamp sets Only Ovals, Cute & Curly, Say It with Scallops, Starring You, Pocket Silhouettes, and the Polka Dot Punches set from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. (Don't forget, SAB starts today! You can also get a free catalog if you order through my SU web site - click on my profile to get to the link.)

For each tag I used the Crop-a-Dile to set a small eyelet for a ribbon loop. I also added another little detail to each tag, such as piercing, flowers, rub-ons, brads, etc. Here are some photos of the tags. The curly label Pocket Silhouettes tag was stamped by using a reverse mask so I could just stamp the flowers inside the label.

For the layers I used a variety of punches and Nestabilities, and some hand-cutting for shapes that I didn't have a layering tool for. (Just a tip: it's harder than it seems to cut nice, even borders around curly labels and hearts!)


Then I decorated an altoid-style tin to hold all the little tags. I think this set turned out so cute!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

What a great idea and what an awesome set!! Way to go!! Thanks for sharing ... have to put this on my "to do" list!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I see some casing in my future!

Mary

Julie said...

These are completely adorable! Beautiful job, and great idea!