Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #46: Miniboden Hotchpotch Dress


If you have kids then you might have heard of Miniboden. They have such cute things! For today's challenge I picked this darling hotchpotch dress. I loved the fun flowers and dots, and the colors.

I didn't choose the yellow for this week - I think I got enough yellow last week! I picked the colors not quite navy, almost amethyst, and old olive. I used the SCS sketch challenge for my layout.

This is one of the simplest challenge cards I've made in a long time. It was partly necessity - I don't have a sitter for Sarah this morning so I'm pressed for time. But I also wanted to play with the Pretties Kit, which I just earned through Great Rewards, and I decided to let the sentiment play center stage in the pretty frame from Frames with a Flourish.

I started by making a not quite navy card and embossing an amethyst panel with the floral SU texture plate for the Big Shot. What a quick way to make a big impact on a card! For my layers I used a square of not quite navy with dots, from the retired hostess prints, a bit of olive striped paper (also one of the retired patterns), and the sentiment, from the retired hostess set Best Yet. For embellishments I used olive wide grosgrain ribbon, flowers from the Pretties Kit (colored with not quite navy and amethyst markers), and half-back white pearls. I think this turned out really sweet!

I'd love for you to play along this week - come join in on the fun! This week's SCS keyword is DSIC46. And be sure to leave a comment here for everyone to see your creation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Good for you to get the Pretties Kit through Great Rewards!!! I still have to cash in my winings too---need to swing on by there and go shopping!