Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm just a girl who can't say no...


to a good inspiration challenge! Steph always brings lots of fun to SCSers every Saturday, and even though I'm sick and should be working on other things, I had to play. From all the gorgeous stuff at Room Service Home I chose this lamp - and not just the lamp but the entire photo inspired me for this card. (Click the link and you get get a larger shot.) This is my first time playing one of Taylor's cupcake sketch challenges. I always look at them but I've never had time to do one until now!

I took my lead first from the lamp and embossed the lily and stem from Fifth Avenue Floral with baja breeze cardstock, Versamark, and white EP. I chose the white and kraft patterned paper from Urban Oasis based on the wallpaper in the photo. For a pop of orange I took the smaller flower stamp and embossed it with clear EP on a panel of tangerine tango cardstock. I did add black accents because I wanted all the fairly light colors to stand out.

To finish my card, I stamped the lovely sentiment from Fifth Avenue Floral on kraft cardstock and surrounded it with one of the Gallery frames, then cut it out. I put three vintage brass brads on 1/2" black circles and added them at the bottom of the tangerine panel. Then at the last minute I added the bit of tangerine ribbon. I was having trouble putting my card together until I had the aha! moment of making it a square card, and voila. This is 5.5" square, which is a very nice size card.

OK, I'll be getting back to my work now. Even though I'm still sick, creating something always makes me feel at least a little better. Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just beautiful! Love the look of the flower stamped in white on the blue paper. Nice job!

Heather

Ida said...

Great job on both challenges. Your card is bold and beautiful.