Friday, June 15, 2012

Father's Day Chevron

Here's a card we'll be making at my club this weekend. We always do a Father's Day card in June, and I know my hubby will be getting this one!


The whole card started with the sentiment treatment (stamp from Delightful Dozen), which was inspired by this card I found on Pinterest. Then I chose a paper from International Bazaar and pulled out Midnight Muse and Cajun Craze from it. (Technically I think the color in this paper is actually Rich Razzleberry, but honestly, it doesn't look like it at all to me!)

Of course I had to use some new stuff, which includes the chevron embossing folder and the scallop piercing guide in our amazing new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack. These scallops are on the Tasteful Trim die and they match up perfectly for piercing. I embellished with silver brads and Midnight Muse ribbon - hope I didn't girl it up too much. These colors are right up Todd's alley so I think he will like it. Hope you and my club members do too!

No comments: