Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's a cupcake card - really!



Are you looking for the cupcake? Can you find it? While you're looking, let me apologize for disappearing again the past couple weeks. It got really busy with the kids' last days of school and the beginning of the summer routine. I hope I will be able to get back to posting again - I'm taking it day by day right now!

Found the cupcake yet? This card is for the challenge this week at Our Creative Corner. Our hostess is Kristin Tierney - who is leaving us, sniff, sniff! - and she has asked us to use something that would ordinarily be used in baking. I was a little lost on ideas, but one day when I was at the M store I came across these cute cupcake liners by Paula Deen in the dollar bin. I figured there had to be a cute way to use them on a card. The layout comes from the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge.

The new In Colors Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals, along with Always Artichoke, were really good matches for the colors in the cupcake liners. The flower was die cut from the bottom, and the largest circle is actually made of multiple liners. I cut off the outside border, flattened it, then added a couple more pieces to complete the circle. It ended up being so big that I made a 5x7 card. I wanted a big sentiment for the main circle and chose this one from Word Play. I added some of the large pearls and artichoke seam binding ribbon. Then I thought the corners needed a little something so I pulled out a MS punch. I'm still kind of... meh. I didn't have a lot of time to pull this together and it wasn't quite what I envisioned. I will have to play in some more challenges in the coming days to make sure I haven't lost my mojo! LOL!

Anyway, thanks for visiting today, and be sure you check out the amazing and delicious-looking creations from the rest of the fabulous OCC team!

4 comments:

MarcyK924 said...

You still have that mojo, Lori! I love how you used your cupcake paper! And those colors are yummilicious! SO pretty! Hugs, Marcy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Those liners are darling...love the flower it created! I think you have plenty of mojo! Nice work!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lori, this card is so sweet and beautiful. I love it... :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

I attempted to do something like this with a cupcake liner and failed miserably! Lol! Your card came out beautifully, Lori and I love the color combo. Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Hugs! :)