Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The card that took all day to make

You know how sometimes you get on a mission and you just can't stop till you've finished? That's how I was with the SCS color combo challenge today. I tried several different things - and you may see them again because I still think they were good ideas - but they didn't end up working. Finally, at 9:30 tonight, I decided to go back to CASEing and chose this beautiful card by Jen del Muro that I'd seen a few days ago - I've recently been touring a lot more blogs, and boy, it is addicting - check Jen's out because she does gorgeous stuff.


I started with the flowers, which are from SU's Delight in Life. I stamped the flowers several times in sage shadow to make the leaves, then colored in with the pad ink using my blender pen. The background of the flowers is apricot appeal and the outline is rose red. I cut everything out and laid out the pattern on a piece of apricot cardstock, then cut out the panel around the flowers like the out of the box technique. The background paper is SU's rose red designer paper, which I've had for ages now but hadn't even opened the package yet! I layered it on top of a barely larger apricot panel, then made a sage scallop border for the top. The white organdy is a scrap that I think was in a $1 ribbon bag from Michael's - I liked that it was wide but not too wide. By the time I put all of this together, I realized I had very little room left for the sentiment, but thanks to SU's Short & Sweet set and my little Marvy scalloped oval punches, I think I made it work. Whew, I'm tired. I guess I can go to bed now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great card. I was on SCS and decided to look at the details. Wonderful blog!